Gatsby makes it easy to programmatically control your pages. Pages can be created in three ways:
- In your site’s gatsby-node.js by implementing the API
- Gatsby core automatically turns React components in
- Plugins can also implement
createPagesand create pages for you
See the Creating and Modifying Pages for more detail.
You can use
gatsby-link to link to these routes — this will provide almost-instantaneous page transitions via prefetching. More on Gatsby Link.
You can also use standard
<a> links, but you won’t get the benefit of prefetching in this case.
If you don’t want all of your content available on the public web, Gatsby lets you create “client-only” routes that live behind an authentication gate.
In this section:
- @reach/router and Gatsby*
- Linking and Prefetching with Gatsby*
- Centralizing Your Site's Navigation
- Rendering Sidebar Navigation Dynamically*
Edit this page on GitHub