- Part four
- >> Recap of first half of the tutorial
- >> Data in Gatsby
- >> How Gatsby’s data layer uses GraphQL to pull data into components
- >> Our first GraphQL query
- >> Introducing GraphiQL
- >> Source Plugins
- >> Build a page with a GraphQL query
- >> Transformer Plugins
- >> Create a list of our site’s markdown files in src/pages/index.js
- >> Programmatically creating pages from data
Gatsby is a blazing-fast static site generator for React.
Install Gatsby's command line tool
npm install --global gatsby-cli
Using the Gatsby CLI
- Create a new site (with the blog starter).
gatsby new gatsby-site
gatsby develop— Gatsby will start a hot-reloading development environment accessible at
src/pages. Saved changes will live reload in the browser.
gatsby serve— Gatsby starts a local HTML server for testing your built site.
Using other starters
gatsby new installs the default Gatsby starter. There are many other official and community starters you can use to kickstart building your Gatsby site.
Work through the tutorial
It walks you through building a Gatsby site from scratch to a finished polished site. Go to the tutorial.