How to contribute
Filing an issue
If you want your issue to be resolved quickly, please include in your issue:
- Gatsby version, node.js version, OS version
- The contents of your
package.jsonas well as your
gatsby-ssr.jsfiles depending on changes you’ve made there.
You can install the latest
master version of Gatsby by following these steps:
- Clone the repo, navigate to its directory.
- Install dependencies using
yarn installin the root of the repo.
The usual contributing steps are:
- Fork the official repository.
- Clone your fork: git clone
- Install yarn and lerna globaly:
npm install -g yarn lerna
- Checkout to the 1.0 branch:
git checkout 1.0
- Install dependencies:
yarn && lerna bootstrap
- Make sure tests are passing for you:
lerna run test
- Create a topic branch:
git checkout -b topics/new-feature-name
npm run buildto do an initial build of all packages and ensure there are no errors.
- Now navigate to the package you want to modify and run
yarn run watchto watch that package’s code and compile your changes on the fly as you work.
- Symlink the built file from the package you’re modifying into your project’s
node_modules/package-namedirectory (this avoids problems we’ve seen with using
- Add tests and code for your changes.
- Once you‘re done, make sure all tests still pass:
- Commit and push to your fork.
- Create an pull request from your branch.
Test suite can be run via
This project uses FlowType for static type checking.