A Gatsby transformer plugin for authoring content in HTML, part of
One functional area of the plugin is enriching raw HTML content by:
- rewriting local links to point to the generated Gatsby pages,
- adding section anchor links,
- processing linked images into multi-resolution responsive img tags,
- applying Prism.js highlighting to code blocks,
- embedding code examples from external files,
- adding synthetic identifiers to paragraph to make it possible to link to them from content search results.
Another functional area of the plugin is extracting paragraph-sized text snippets from the page, so that they can be indexed in the client-side text search implemented by the
The enriched HTML and lists of extracted text snippets are available in Gatsby’s GraphQL model for use by other plugins.